In this article we are providing a short and long essay on teachers’ day, the importance of teachers’ day, Why, When & How teachers’ day is celebrated. For an essay writing competition, students can go through this page for more information on teachers’ day.
- 1 Importance of Teachers Day
- 2 Why Teachers day is celebrated on 5th September?
- 3 Teachers Day Celebrations at schools
- 4 Short Essay on Teachers Day
- 5 Long Essay writing on Teachers Day
- 6 Teachers Day 2021: Wishes
- 7 Teachers Day 2021: Quotes, Slogans
- 8 Teachers Day Essay for Students and Children | PDF Download
Importance of Teachers Day
Teachers’ day is one of the very important days in every student’s life. It is the day that we show our gratitude and respect toward teachers and their efforts. The teacher is one of the highly honorable jobs with responsibilities.
Teaching task is very difficult because each student has different capabilities with a different mindset. A teacher has to understand every student and have to teach accordingly. A good teacher always keeps his students’ interests in mind and recognizes their abilities.
Some students are good at sports, some are good at studies, some are good at crafting, etc. A good teacher brings out the hidden talents of a student. Behind every successful person, there is a teacher who always encourages our talents. Therefore it this our minimum responsibility to thank our teachers. This is the reason that this day has been dedicated to showing respect and gratitude towards teachers.
Why Teachers day is celebrated on 5th September?
Usually, Teachers’ Day is celebrated on 5th September every year, which is the birthday of Dr. Sarevepalli Radhakrishna. Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishna was born on 5th September 1888. Earlier, He was the President of India and a scholar, teacher, philosopher, and religious thinker. He was a professor in many famed universities such as Chennai, Mysore, Benaras, and Oxford.
His students expressed their wish to celebrate his birthday every year. In response, Dr. Radhakrishnan said that he would be happier if his students celebrate September 5 as Teachers ‘Day, since then Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishna’s birthday is celebrated as Teachers’ Day even till today. Ever since this day is dedicated to all the Teachers across the country. Dr. Radhakrishna was an outstanding teacher and philosopher. He passed away on 17th April 1975.
Teachers Day Celebrations at schools
Teachers’ day is celebrated with lots of enthusiasm in schools across India. On this day students wear color dresses of their choice and perform dances, scripts, etc. The teacher’s day is a very fun day for all kinds of students and children. On this day students play the role of the teacher to make teachers feel happy. On this special day, students bring greeting cards, flowers, and many other gifts to their teachers, teachers also feel very happy to receive such huge respect from their students.
Short Essay on Teachers Day
Teachers day is celebrated on September 5th of every year on the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarevepalli Radhakrishna. On this day teachers are honored with great respect and gratitude. Dr. Sarevepalli Radhakrishna was remembered on this occasion. The relationship between a teacher and a student will increase on this day. Students plan to congratulate their teachers for their efforts. Usually, students congratulate teachers with pens, rose flowers, gifts, etc.
A teacher should always give respect because every teacher tries to send their students on to the right paths of success. On this day teachers in schools, colleges, universities, etc are honored with huge respect. On this day, the government rewards and honors qualified teachers. Thus, there is a festive atmosphere for teachers as well as students throughout the day.
A good teacher always is an inspiration to their students. A teacher not only makes us better each academic year. In the way of journey, A teacher teaches moral values which are important for a better society. We all need to wholeheartedly congratulate our teachers and should obey them for their selfless service throughout the life of teaching, as well as for shaping the lives of students into successful inspiration to others. Teacher’s Day is a great opportunity for all of us to thank them.
Long Essay writing on Teachers Day
Teachers day is celebrated on 5th September every year in India. On this day Every school management conducts some special programs for the teachers and students organize this program with more enthusiasm. Teachers will also be very happy to receive huge respect from the students and the management. On this day students costume themselves as teachers and act as a teacher. All the great teachers are recognized for their hard work and efforts by the school management on this special day.
September 5 is the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was the first Vice-President of independent India, he served the country as
Vice-President from 1952 to 1962 and as well worked as a second President of the country from 1962 to 1967.
Dr. Radhakrishnan greatly respects the teachers. before joining politics, he taught in many institutes like Calcutta University, University of Mysore, and Oxford University. He was appreciated for his work and was also admired by his students. He believed that the teacher is the person who prepares the youth for the future of our country. This was the reason that he fulfilled this duty of professor so diligently and always tried to give good advice to his students.
When Dr. Radhakrishnan became the President of our country, his students expressed their wish to celebrate his birthday every year. In response, Dr. Radhakrishnan said that he would be happier if his students celebrate September 5 as Teachers ‘Day, from then till today his birthday is celebrated as Teachers’ Day. Teachers’ day celebrations are to honor teachers throughout the world. As a teacher and a student work hard for the entire year for good results. The teacher helps students in guiding students for better learning.
Teachers Day 2021: Wishes
- You have always been an excellent educator who knew how to illuminate a soul with its light. Happy Teacher’s Day to my favorite teacher!
- Wishing you joy and happiness, you are an amazing teacher, and you only deserve the best.
- The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Happy Teacher’s Day! It has been an honor to get to learn so many things from you; thank you for inspiring me! We need more instructors like you in our schools and universities.
- All the efforts and hard work you invested to bring out the best in us can never be repaid in mere words. We can only feel grateful for having a teacher like you!
- Teacher, you have always challenged me to work hard and get good grades. I will always remember you. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- Even though my grades may not always be the best, I assure you that having you as my teacher makes me truly blessed. For now, I know that you’ll never give up on me, Thank you for helping me be all I can be. Because of you, I can see that my future is bright, Above all, you taught me to shine forth my light. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- You are the spark, the inspiration, the guide, the candle to my life. I am deeply thankful that you are my teacher.
- I was lucky to have a teacher as wonderful as you are. Wishing you a Teacher’s Day that’s full of joyous moments!
- Our parents gave us life and it was you who taught us how to live it. You introduced honesty, integrity, and passion to our character. Happy Teacher’s Day!
- This beautiful message is for my retired teacher whose service in our school is greatly appreciated and who has been one of the stalwarts of our school with her good teaching. Teacher, I thank you with all my heart for your service.
Teachers Day 2021: Quotes, Slogans
- “If a country is to be corruption-free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher.” – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’. – Dan Rather
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” -William Butler Yeats
- A teacher who can arouse a feeling for one single good action, for one single good poem, accomplishes more than he who fills our memory with rows and rows of natural objects, classified with name and form. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” – Khalil Gibran
Conclusion: At last, We hope that the provided information helps students to know more about Teachers’ Day importance and celebrations.
Teachers Day Essay for Students and Children | PDF Download
Dear Students and Children, you can download the Teachers Day Essay in the Hand Written Format by Clicking the Below Click Here Link.
|Teachers Day Essay- Important Link|
|To download Teachers Day Essay PDF||Click Here|