In this article, we are providing an essay on Gandhi Jayanti, the Significance and history of Gandhi Jayanti, Quotes, Wishes, Messages. Students can go through this page for more information on Gandhi Jayanti.
- 1 Long Essay on Gandhi Jayanti
- 2 Gandhi Jayanti Essay for Students and Children | PDF Download
Long Essay on Gandhi Jayanti
History of Gandhi Jayanti 2021
Gandhiji, whose full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar Gujarat. This year the world is celebrating Gandhiji’s
152nd birth anniversary. Mahatma Gandhi is known as the father of the nation. He played an important role in bringing independence to India. His philosophy and Nobel work made him gain the title of ‘Mahatma’ means ‘Great Soul’.
On this day, people celebrate with prayer, ceremonies, and cultural events that are held in colleges, government institutions, and socio-political institutions. The statues of Mahatma Gandhi are decorated with garlands and flowers. His favorite song Raghupati Raghava is also sung at some of the meetings. His birth anniversary is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti.
Why Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated on 2nd October?
Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated on 2 October every year on the occasion of the birth anniversary of M.K.Gandhi the most prominent leader of India. He is popular for his non-violent movement, the significance of this day is to honor the iconic leader. Gandhi considered non-violence to be a philosophy and the principle which is required for a better society. The Satyagraha movement, Salt March, Non-Cooperation movement, Quit India moment are some of the moments which are initiated by Gandi.
Significance of Gandhi Jayanti
Gandhi has come from a merchant family. He went to South Africa at the age of 24 to pursue law. He returned from South Africa in 1915. Then he became a member of the Indian National Congress. Due to his restless hard work, he quickly became the president of Congress. Mahatma Gandhi’s efforts were not restricted to Indian independence only. He also fought for various social evils which are untouchability, caste system, female subjugation, etc.
Gandhi Jayanti celebrations at Schools
Gandhi Jayanti is one of the national holidays of India. This patriotic occasion celebration is held in every State and Union territory. He was a great freedom fighter who had spent his whole life in the service of his Nation. Gandhi Ji was not only a freedom fighter but also a social reformer. The day signifies his birth anniversary.
People, irrespective of their caste and religion, celebrate the day by organizing special events in schools and colleges. Gandhi Jayanti is a way of commemorating and remembering Gandhi’s messages and spreading his message of peace and harmony to the nation.
Many schools grandly celebrate this day. Students come in the color dress of their choice and enjoy the whole program with fun and enthusiasm. School management organizes many cultural activities like essay writing competitions, Quizzes, Teachers giving a speech on Gandhi’s struggles in his life for the freedom of our country.
Here Are Some Best Quotes By M.K Gandhi
- Unity among the different races and the different communities belonging to different religions of India is indispensable to the birth of national life.
- Heroes are made in the hour of defeat. Success is, therefore, well described as a series of glorious defeats.
- Democracy necessarily means a conflict of will and ideas, involving sometimes a war to the knife between different ideas.
- Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- Forgiveness is the quality of the brave, not of the cowardly. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Ahimsa is the highest duty. Even if we cannot practice it in full, we must try to understand its spirit and refrain as far as is humanly possible from violence.
- My patriotism is not an exclusive thing. It is all-embracing and I should reject that patriotism which sought to mount upon the distress or exploitation of other nationalities.
- “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
- “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
- “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” before he lies down to sleep.”
- Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being.
- Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.” Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- Non-violence is not a garment to put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being. Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- G = Great A = Amazing N = Nationalist D = Daring H = Honest I = Indian Happy Birthday, Father of the Nation!
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Images
Conclusion: At last, We hope that the provided information helps students to prepare for an essay writing competition and to know more about Gandhi Jayanti.
Gandhi Jayanti Essay for Students and Children | PDF Download
Dear Students and Children, you can download the Brain Drain Essay in the Hand Written Format by Clicking the Below Click Here Link.
|Gandhi Jayanti Essay- Important Link|
|To download Gandhi Jayanti Essay PDF||Click Here|