In this article, We have composed an essay on winter vacation for school students and children in English. So the children and students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 can refer to this complete article to perform well in their class assignments, comprehensive tasks, and competitions.
Long Essay on Winter Vacation
Winter is one of the four seasons in India. It is a season that occurs between autumn and spring. Winter usually stays for three months in both hemispheres i.e., in the Northern Hemisphere winter begins from mid of November and lasts till February. In the Southern Hemisphere, Winter occurs between June to August every year.
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food, for warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and a talk beside the fire; it is the time for home. Winter is a season with a cool temperature, and in that particular cold season, we get a break from monotonous routine life to enjoy and relax our winter vacation with our loved ones. Winter vacation fills children’s hearts with great pleasure. Even it is the season with cold temperatures children love the most because they get freedom from their daily routine. They get wings to enjoy their winter vacation as they get rid of going to school and doing homework.
Winter vacation is the most awaited, interesting, and enjoyable time for the students as they get relax from their studies for a short time. But students are not away from learning during summer vacation as they are given some holiday assignments or tasks by the teachers and those assignments are submitted when schools are get reopened.
Students and some employees get a vacation during the winter season which lasts for a couple of weeks. There are two festivals celebration during winter, Christmas and new year. Hanukkah and Diwali are celebrated in other countries during winter vacation. It is the children and students who enjoy winter vacation a lot as their half-yearly exams are over and they get free time to play with friends and to spend their quality time with parents.
During winter vacation there are many things to do, spending quality time with loved ones, having tasty festival meals, practicing old hobbies, and picking up new hobbies. Usually, some children go to their grandparent’s village to celebrate winter vacation festivals with their grandparents, childhood friends, and relatives, and some children are delighted by going to different places of their interest.
Winter vacation is not only the time to relax but it’s the time to celebrate Christmas and the new year. Children are busy with their parents to shop for new clothes for festivals, stars, candles, small bells, etc., Houses are decorated with stars and lights, we can see the joy in every family and mothers are busy with the preparation of tasty festival foods like cakes and sweets. Winter vacation is the time for fresh fruits, vegetables, and family trips or picnics.
My Plans for Winter Vacation
As we get a winter vacation for a couple of weeks after completion of the second term or half-yearly exams, I have planned to spend this winter vacation in my Grandparent’ village because due to academic obligations I have not met my grandparents for one year. So I want to spend this quality time in my native village. In the evening the weather becomes colder so we remain inside the house and have to listen to stories by my grandmother. Then I have to meet my childhood friends who are very genuine and lovable and then I have to play the traditional games with my friends and children in my native village-like kho-kho, hide and seek & Gilli-danda, etc., all these games are entertaining Indian children for centuries. Another thing I have planned for a winter vacation is visiting fields and gardens of custard apple and Guava with childhood friends. The last plan I have to share about winter vacation is learning delicious and festival dishes from my Grandmother.
10 Lines on Winter Vacation
- There is a rare winter weather phenomenon called ‘thundersnow’, which is the thunder’s occurrence in the middle of a snowstorm.
- The average size of a snowflake ranges from the size slightly smaller than of a penny or the width of the human hair strand.
- During Winter in the northern hemisphere, there is a point when Earth is the nearest to the Sun (because of the elliptical shape of the orbit).
- The temperature drop in Winter has nothing to do with the distance of our planet from the Sun; instead, it is because of the tilt of the Earth’s axis.
- The speed of snowfall is anywhere around one to 6 feet per second. Snowflakes are all unique because each ice-crystal has to travel a unique path to the ground, facing different aspects like moisture, temperature, wind, etc.
- In Japan, the city named Aomori is recorded to be the snowiest city on the planet.
Winter vacation in the northern hemisphere for many varies differently.
- On average, the winter vacation is a holiday of 15 days (average) and consists of festivals like Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year, and some other festivities.
- Bangkok is recorded to have the most number of tourists annually.
- The cleanest beach in the world is the Seagrass Bay of Laucala Island in Fiji.
- Paris is voted to be the most beautiful city in the world (this survey was done through information from several travel websites and their rankings).
In Conclusion, We hope that the above-composed Essay on Winter Vacation for School Students and Children in English will be useful to you. We are striving our best to provide quality information to assist the students in their learning process.
Essay on Winter Vacation for Students and Children | PDF Download
Dear Students and Children, you can download the Winter Vacation Essay in the Hand Written Format by Clicking the Below Click Here Link.
|Winter Vacation Essay- Important Link|
|To download the Winter Vacation Essay PDF||Click Here|