In this article, we are providing a short and long essay on cricket for students and children. Importance and history of cricket, Quotes, Images. Students can go through this page for more information on cricket.
History of Cricket
Cricket has been originated in southeast England, it became the country’s national sport in the 18th century and has developed globally in the 19th and 20th centuries. International matches have been played since 1844 and Test cricket began recognized, in 1877. We also have a women’s cricket match.
Types of Cricket Matches
There are three formats of cricket played at the international level
1. Test matches
2. One-Day Internationals
3. Twenty20 Internationals.
These matches are played under the rules and regulations approved by the International Cricket Council.
Short Essay on Cricket
Cricket is a professional outdoor sport played by people from different countries, especially at National and International levels. Cricket is a sport which is played between two teams with eleven players each.
In these two teams, one team chooses batting while another team is fielding. Runs are scored by hitting the ball, which is thrown by a bowler from the fielding team to a player from the batting team, across the boundary. The empire gives the score.
The wickets are sets at each end of a rectangle-shaped called ‘the pitch, which is 22 yards long. The area of play is a 30-yard circle inside the cricket ground or stadium. Two players get a chance of batting, one player at one end of the pitch while another player at another end of the pitch. When a player is “out”, a new teammate will replace by the same team. When a team is “not-out” players left to bat get the chance to score.
Long Essay on Cricket
Cricket is the most popular sport in the world which is enjoyed by all ages of people. Their cricket matches are played between two teams of two eleven players each, before playing, the captains of both teams go to the umpire for the toss. The winner of the toss gets the option of choosing batting or bowling. The player behind the wicket is called the “wicket-keeper”.
Why Cricket is Famous in India?
Cricket is a famous game in India liked by all ages of people. It creates a lot of excitement among the fans of the game. It is the most-watched sport in India and people even miss their schools and offices when any major International match is proceeding. Even business icons are now investing more money for popularity. Moreover, fans risk everything to display their anger or affection towards cricket.
In other words, we can say that cricket is not merely a sport but an emotion in our country. People gather together to support their teammates and enjoy the match.
Here are some rules in Cricket Match
- There are two teams. The team bowling has 11 players on the field. The team batting has two players, one at each end of the pitch.
- The rest of the batting team members are off the field.
- Runs are taken by the batting team when the ball is bowled by the fielding team. It may be run or six or four.
- If the bowler bowls the ball across the line, then it is called a no-ball.
- The captain of the bowling team chooses a bowler from his team, the other players are called ‘fielders’.
- The bowler tries to aim the ball to the wickets which are called stumps
- There are two empires on either side of wickets. The empire decision regarding the score is final.
- The bowler runs towards the wicket and bowls towards the batsman at the other wicket.
- One of the fielders, called the ‘wicket-keeper’, stands behind the wicket to catch the ball.
Other fielders chase the ball bit by the batsmen.
- If the ball rolls or bounces out, whether or not the batter hit it, it counts as four runs.
- An ‘over’ is six balls, meaning he bowls six times. Then another player becomes the bowler for the next over, and so on. The same bowler cannot bowl two overs one after
- If the ball leaves the field after being hit without bouncing, then it counts as 6.
Best quotes by the cricketers
- “You don’t play for the crowd. You play for the country.”- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- “Every morning I woke up, I believed that I could score runs for India.”– Sourav Ganguly
- “When you have to work, work with a smile.”– Kapil Dev
- “I have failed at times, but I never stop trying.” – Rahul Dravid
- “When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones.”– Sachin Tendulkar
- “I am jealous of my parents. I will never have a kid as cool as theirs.”– Chris Gayle
- “My first bat was shaped of a coconut branch. And from that day, all I wanted to do was be a cricketer.”– Brian Lara
- “There was a legacy before I came in, and it was my job to take the baton and make sure I held it tight and ran like hell.”– Sir Vivian Richards
- “To me, cricket is a simple game. Keep it simple and just go out and play. “– Shane Warne
- “A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by own.”– Adam Gilchrist
- “No matter how hot the fire burns, a protea always survives.” – AB Devilliers
- “I used to lie awake at night, willing myself to put in the hard work, the determination, the passion.” – Kevin Pietersen
Best Cricket Slogans
- Leave nothing undared. Attitude is everything. There can only be one #1. One Team, One Fight
- Your mom called. You left your game at home.
- There’s no traffic on the extra mile
- The fans can make you famous. A contract can make you rich. The press can make you a superstar. But only love can make you a player.
- There is no limit to what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit.
- Good. Better. Best. Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is best. dedication + motivation = success
Conclusion: At last, We hope that the provided information on essays on cricket for students and children helps students to prepare for an essay writing competition.
Essay on Cricket for Students and Children | PDF Download
Dear Students and Children, you can download the Cricket Essay in the Hand Written Format by Clicking the Below Click Here Link.
|Cricket Essay- Important Link|
|To download the Cricket Essay PDF||Click Here|